Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

measles vaccine chinese lessons



i had my first chinese class in a long long time. it was my first with ivo. sho is my teacher and she's wonderful. very encouraging and i love her spoken mandarin. today i read her a story from Frog and Toad Together called "Flower Garden" - excited cuz she could understand me and then she asked me a bunch of ?s which i understood and could answer.

The Frog and Toad books are among my favorite from childhood and they're all translated into Chinese with the phonetic spellings next to the characters. Yippee!

Before our excellent class - Ivo and I went to the pediatrician for his 9 month immunization - we're a little late on it - he's 9mos 11 days. I sort of forgot cuzall the baby stuff I read is in English. In Taiwan, kids are immunized against measles at 9 months vs. 18 months in the states. The doctor said this is because measles is still around in Taiwan. So Ivo got the shot and didn't even cry. He's the most amazing coolest guy!

Here are his vitals... he's 9.7kg, 74cm with a head circumference of 46cm.

He's got 2 teeth - the bottom ones. Eats mashed things with lumps like potatoes and sweet potatoes, apples, pears and rice. He was all about mangoes during the mango season... His finger foods include rice cookies that dissolve in yr mouth and just started eating corn flakes cereal. There are some other things too. He still breast feeds - I think he gets most of his needs met thru milk.

No comments: