Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Debut of Ivo 2!


Warning: now that the cat's outta the bag, I'm probably gonna be writing a lot about being pregnant and the baby to come!

This is our little guy/gal from 1 Sept 06, 120g. Good spine! Looks a little like Ryan!

Friday morning I went to the doctor for the 2nd time. I was #11 – which meant I had about an hour's wait. Not bad – but long enough to succumb to anxiety. I think everyone gets a little anxious about doctors, dentists and cops. I do. It's like a phobia – or a learned response. I used to have reasons to fear cops – no car insurance for example. But now, why would I be afraid – to the point avoiding them on the street? In the same way, I didn't have health insurance for years – and couldn't afford doctors or dentists… and certainly couldn't afford any actual treatment for the possible bad news imminent…

Anyway, when they called #12 ahead of me, I was already a mess, sure that something was wrong with my tests and the doctor was just trying to clear the quick cases out before taking on my terrible, complicated situation. Of course, that wasn't what was going on. Everything with the baby and me is fine and good – "within normal range" to be exact!

I go back in 2 weeks.

I love that in Taiwan – every visit to the obstetrician involves an ultrasound! Every time I go I get to see the baby and hear the baby’s heartbeat. Also – each visit costs 150nt. When I was pregnant with Ivo – it was only 100nt/visit – but I’m not complaining!

1 comment:

Not Everyones Mama said...

Congrats on baby #2! I wish I could have an U/S with each visit. I mean, the heartbeat is reassuring, but to see the baby! :o)

And good luck if you decide to do the tandem nursing thing! I stopped breastfeeding a little before we decided to have number 3.

I've heard from mothers who have done it that it was a wonderful experience.