Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Page One (Ivo)



While Ivo was looking at books with Ryan - I was in that weird mushy health section - looking for stuff about breastfeeding during/throughout pregnancy as well as the possiblility of, what I've come to find out is called, "tandem nursing".

I read the info on a combined 4 pages from 3 different books - including a La Leche league one. Anyway, not much info. Having baby #2 seems to involve joining an entirely different demographic - presumably one with much less disposable cash - cuz all the books focus on the first pregnancy/baby. I actually just want something to read that tells me "yes, yr doing a great job" and "No, yr not enfeebling yr boy"... And maybe some advice on what to eat. No such luck! On the web, I've learned a little more - and if I really need to I can order the book pictured... But it looks a little too encouraging!

I also saw this kooky book about/for idiots. Who knew you need a whole book to tell you that the first step in self-esteem is "Don't Buy Books For Idiots!"

1 comment:

Leonie said...

hiya
thought you might be interested in this link http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/tandem.html
I've found the ABA (australian breastfeeding association) to be really helpful. But I also reckon you'll be fine and you already know a lot more than you realise. There are some tips on eating but again, I bet if you just eat healthily you'll be fine.

Cuy is down to one feed a day now and is really resisting giving that up. I'm not pushing too hard but also feel like he'll never give it up if I don't at least encourage him to try.

anyways, thinking of you guys and also remembered that my friend in Taipei said the hospital she went to had lots of helpful breastfeeding advice - she is tandem feeding right now. I can put you in touch with her if you want.

love
L