Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ivo eschews sleep and other unpleasantries



I'm about to complain a lot - but not about my dear sweet husband who came home this morning on his break and fed Ivo breakfast...


So it's the day after no-shut-eye-night 2. Hard to know who to blame it on... Hard to know how to fix it... Hard to know how to complain enuf...

Last night I tried sleeping on Ivo's bed, cuz he was in my spot. He woke up an hour later, maybe 11pm and joined me. We watched the teletubbies on merciless repeat for about 4 hours - nursing much of the time (sore, sore, sore). But not sleeping and when on booby-break chatting to himself or his dinosaur about its tail and eyes... At least we got to sleep in til 8am and stay in bed resting til 10ish. One nice development is that Ryan, formerly the super-sensitive princess-and-the-pea, your-mouse-clicking-is-keeping-me-up type, is now able to sleep with a strobe light flashing in his face as well as all manner of toddler sounds and mama irritability.

Ivo definitely has a cold. Quite mild - but still there. And he doesn't know about in-between-ness - only extremes. So when his nose is runny, he says "ow!"

An especially trying situation lately is that Ivo keeps throwing non-ball, often hard-dense expensive electronic items - not so much at people as - as hard as he can onto the tile floor. We are continuing to direct him only to throw balls and, if possible, let a person know before you beam them in the face... Having caught on to some part of the idea, Ivo now throws non-ball items and then says "BALL!" or "GOOD THROW!" He's just knocked the ADSL box off the computer table, the cd-player onto the floor behind the tv, the remote control smashed into 4 pieces...

In case it needs saying, I'm very cranky. And tired. I know I'm supposed to feel better in the 2nd trimester but I think I feel worse - More tired and more moody-irritable-edgy. But I know I'm super lucky... I have love and support, an easy-light teaching schedule, everything I need and more.

No comments: