Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 18, 2007

One more reason I love Ryan



A week ago, I said how much I love our Xmas tree and I didn't want to take it down. Ryan said we don't have to take it down, we can leave it up as long as we want. He said that when people ask when we're gonna take down our xmas tree, we should say "what xmas tree?" Hee hee hee. Still makes me laugh.



Yea, it's just so beautiful and green with red apples, ornaments and lights. It seems silly to get rid of something beautiful, when all that'll be left is white wall...



Last night, Ivo was drumming up a storm, running around the toy room drumming on drums, walls, shelves, everything. Here are a few pics from the cooldown period. Guess which one was shot as Ivo said "No...Picture." In case he looks slightly discolored, Ivo stamped his forehead with an orange "Way to Go!" stamp at school on Wednesday. It's hard to get it off when he won't bathe and is pathologically resistent to damp towels.






























Speaking of hygiene, last night we were brushing our teeth side by side in the bathroom when, in one fell swoop, Ivo lifted the toilet lid, threw his toothbrush in the bowl and slammed it shut. Immediately, I reached in and grabbed it - like there's really a 5 second rule that could apply to this kinda situation. Rest assured, I threw it away in one fell swoop. I guess this move caught Ivo by surprise and he protested... until I opened his new, big-guy toothbrush he had gotten in a goody bag from Adriaan's 2nd bday party. So it worked out well. (He points to his chest and says, "Me, big-guy."

Also, I think Ivo's trained me not to sleep past 4:30. Nurse, wide awake, Burl's jumping around, there are oreos in the fridge...


Oh yea, one more thing I've been meaning to record... This balmy winter has made it mosquito-tastic and ant-tastic. Usually winter offers a reprieve from bugs... Not so far this season!!!

No comments: