Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Burl is here!




Hi everybody, Ryan here with exclusive access to Honeybees... if you haven't heard already through the grapevine, Burl was born at 6:14 PM Taiwan time. Labour started at 2:30, water broke at 5:15-ish, we were on the road by 5:30 - 5:40 and by this time Sandy's contractions were quite intense... it was hard to stop and wait at the lights... if I'd had a siren or a snow plow on the front of the car I'd have kept going... we pulled into the emergency room doors at 6:00-ish, Sandy got wheeled in and I had to move the car and park it as an ambulance followed us in... I pretty sure I laid down a pretty good tread of rubber as I left to park across the street... everything was happening so fast... Parked, I sprinted across and into the ER, to the elevator bank, and again, waiting for elevators when you're in a hurry really really really sucks... Up to the 5th floor in time for them to throw a gown on me and into the delivery room... 10-12 minutes and a whole lot of pushing later, little Burl came out... WOW! such a dramatic entry... today was a holiday so the 5:30 traffic wasn't too bad- had it been a regular work day I dare say he may have been born in our little Opel - he's so cool, I think he recognized our voices and stayed pretty calm through it all, Sandy was so strong too and didn't swear at all...

Anyway, it's 1:35 AM and I've just gotten home from the hospital. Sandy and Burl are resting comfortably, Sandy's happy and Burl's cuter than cute...

Grammie says Ivo was a real trooper and such a good boy this evening... we're all going to see them early morning... Sandy says she wants a few egg mcmuffins for brekkie...

update tomorrow...

here are some preliminary pics...

2 comments:

Leonie said...

yay!! hooray!! *doing a little dance* congratulations - you're super clever to make such a lovely boy. get into the egg mcmuffins and enjoy your babymoon. love
Leonie Rob and Cuyler

Heath said...

Wow..what an arrival. Congratulations and welcome baby Burl!!!!Can't wait to meet you.
Love
Heather, Ciro & Dylan