Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ivo likes Geckos







Boys this past Saturday night, June 23rd. Ivo loves holding Burl. When he wants to hold him he says "I will hold Burl?" It's all in the inflection, baby!

Ivo's been playing on a couple kids' websites. He uses the mouse and the keyboard. There are some really cool games at ABC (oz not us), PBS and CBC. As with everything he does - he requires company, companionship, assistance at the ready. So Ivo, Burl and I sit in the big easy chair while Ivo maneuvers and plays. Cuz everyone's getting bigger (except me, hopefully) and stronger, we're a little cramped. Burl likes to kick against resistance. When we're seated at the computer, Ivo's usually the resistance and he's not happy about it. He tells Burl, "No. I doing work. Not funny Burl."

Ivo's really taken off with the "Not funny" admonition. I started saying it to him when he used to laugh while being "disciplined." I try not to yell or use anything but a firm calm voice... I know I err, especially when I'm tired but... I'm pretty sure I don't say "IT'S NOT FUNNY!" - the way Ivo says it... Ivo is narrating in greater detail and placing his toys in ever more imaginative circumstances. Ones that come out of his head, not from a book or movie. At least half the time, Ivo has one toy yelling at the other - a la parent to kid, bigger person to littler guy. He expresses a fair amount of anger and a lot of impatience. I know he's got to be copying me/us - especially when he uses expressions I've said... But I'm pretty sure I don't yell as much as Ivo's play indicates. God, I hope I don't. Maybe I black out? There was that time, months ago when I was cutting up vegetables for dinner, and all of a sudden there was a sliced up gecko... I'm pretty sure I didn't kill it, but what else could have happened?

Yesterday was Ryan's last day of school this year. This morning he and Ivo have gone to the office to do finishing-up stuff. Ivo was so excited. "Bye bye, Mama. Bye bye, Burl." He waved.

No comments: