Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 17, 2007

heartbreak's wake


Pics from 11 June - openig packages from Grammie Gail.





This is a 4-day weekend cuz of Dragon Boat Festival. Ryan has Monday and Tuesday off.

Ivo and Burl had fevers starting Friday at 4am thru Sat evening. Ivo had had (and still does) a cold for a week. Burl just got a stuffy nose sometime last night. Since Patty died, we've been living a limbo-y, outside-of-time existence. My babies being sick has painted surreal these initial days. Our sleep is messed-upside-down. And when they are sleeping, I'm compelled to make sure they're breathing - more than usual. I have taken 2 showers giving me about 5 minutes without at least one boy in my arms.

I'm working on my eulogy. I started it when Patty moved into the hospice. It's hard.

On Saturday late afternoon, we went to Taichung Metropolitan Park, to fly a kite, see a natural horizon line and hopefully the sunset. It's a beautiful park with some over-heavy facist-y architecture. But it's possible not to let that bring you down. And enjoy the trees, smells, quiet - no-traffic sounds, and big big sky. There are some huge cement beetles on the cement path - Ivo was delighted. He saw turtles, fish, swans and ducks. He also saw some new-school metal windmills, painted to look like animals. When he saw them, he caught his breath and said, "Oh, look at the windblows!"

Sunday was Father's Day. Ivo and Burl got Ryan a subscription to MLB.com. Burl stood up holding the couch for 5 minutes. He did it again today. To be clear, I put him there - he didn't stand up from a prone position. But he did maintain a standing stance leaning against the couch - pretty cool. Burl is also turning over more often - from back to belly. This past week he started playing with his feet. Burl holds one foot in each hand and happily rocks side to side.

1 comment:

lone-star-jill said...

Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I'll be thinking about you (more than usual) and your family. Please take care and know that you've always got big love coming from Texas......

love, jill