Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Ivo Burl Busy










Lots happening. Brett left on Thurs night (31 May). Ciro Heather and D-man were over Saturday night. Ciro fixed our computer - Yay!

It's been super rainy.


Pics from 5/31 and 6/2

Happy Wedding and Congratulations Berton and Sasha!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ivo has begun to use all kinds of pronouns over the past week. He correctly uses her/him; "Ivo-Dash like her." And he's started to use I and me. At the gym, when someone else is moving in on Ivo's toy, he's saying, "No! No! I turn. I. I. I. I turn." A couple times he's tried, "Me! Me! Me! Me turn!"

Until now, when asked "Did you turn off the water?" Ivo will say a combination of, "Yep. Turn off water. Ivo-Dah turn off water." Now he's saying/adding "I did it." !!! Speaking of verb tenses, he's started to ask "Where Papa went?" as well as "Where Papa go?" Ivo likes to play with the baby monitor which has a little projector that casts moving images of stars and the moon. Ivo aims the light at the wall and says, "Growing bigger" while pulling it back and "Growing smaller" as he brings the monitor closer to the wall.

Ivo's S-sound is coming along. He's working on it - sometimes he gets it but often it sounds like a T; "Yet" for "Yes."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We played with Dylan and Heather at gym today. I stayed in the play room cuz Burl wasn't sleepy and I didn't want to leave him AND there were a couple boys I didn't trust and the babysitter wasn't paying the kind of attn I like. (IhopeI'mnotruiningmykidsbyneverleavingthemalone! - one problem is that some kids are big jerks - what are the parameters of normal aggressive play and what's too much? What role does age play? In the end I'd rather be overprotective than under - I'm learning)

So anyway, I played and watched and tried not to interfere when it wasn't necessary. At one point, Ivo climbed into a box with a babydoll, lifted up his shirt and said, "Want Ivo-booby? Yep? OK." Then he sat the doll up patting its back and said, "I burping de baby. "

So cute!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Burl is enjoying tummy-time and has started playing with a few toys. Interconnecting textured rings, a rattle, a maracca, a plush caterpillar and a plush turtle - both of which play music. He's a wonderful happy baby.

No comments: