Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 27, 2007

Ivo still coughing!!!!!








oh we are sooooooo tired and cranky. Poor Ivo's insistance to do things "by myself" is back firing. The kid can't take his jeans off by himself... Ivo's at the stage where if he wants to do it but didn't get to, he has to recreate the scene so whatever "it" was can be performed again. This time by Ivo. Needless to say, it's not always clear which things are going to attract his attention.


He's been sick - the cold - it's not going away. I gave him motrin for fever last night around 11 and this afternoon around five. He mostly feels good - but when he crashes - like now, with Papa, getting ready for bed -it's hard.




It's good that he doesn't feel/think he's sick. When he coughs a lot or feels warm, I can't help but say, "Poor Guy." Today Ivo scoffed at my pity saying, "I not poor guy. I ok." I LOVE HIM!




We are supposed to go to a 3rd birthday party for Josie tomorrow in Chung Hua. I hope hope hope we can go... This morning I took the boys shopping for presents at the toy store - which, oddly enough, was exactly what Ivo wanted to do!




Ivo Overheard:


When asked if he'd finished pooping, "No. I will poop a little while."


While dialing all sorts of #'s on my cell phone (and getting ahold of Joe Wu), Ivo told Burl, "Dis my phone. No use it. It not a TOY - just a phone."


When speaking of babies, "Baby Burl come out da doctor. Dr Foot" (Fu).


Of The Thing (pictured): "What dat is?"


On playing with the legos at the store: "I building a tall building. Da girl building the ocean."


Of Ryan's whiskers: "You shave the beard? Maybe a-morrow?"


In general: "I yes ok. I no ok."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh yea, it has recently come to my attention that not everyone knows who Lightning McQueen (not Mac...my bad) is. I find it charming and quaint, romantic even, that people can NOT know this; my world does not admit of not knowing Lightning McQueen anymore than I could not know Buzz Lightyear... Anyway, Lightning is the cute red car from the eponymous Pixar movie.


No comments: