Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ivo Overheard





  • "That true. That true, Mom."


  • (while playing an online Caillou dinosaur-bone-excavation game) "Maybe dat the bone." I bet you're right. "I Ivo Lawrence."


  • (usually after a tough/bad-mood time.) "I happy now."


  • "Pink-a-Boo"


  • "I will ___________." "I need__________." (Never I want______.)


  • "Burl Lawrence, Papa Lawrence, Mama Lawrence."

  • "I frustrated." /fwaus-to-waited/

  • (arms up, skipping) "Woo-hoo!"

  • "Kick-ass!"

  • "Rock and Roll!" /wock and woll/


  • "I kiss you a big kiss."


  • (while waving) "I hi-ing you."


  • "I not Dude."

  • "I not Spider-Pig! Name: Mr. Incredible!"


  • "You be happy?!" (Both scoldingly and encouragingly)


  • "No, no like dat. No singing like dat."


  • (to a whispering parent) "You talk louder?"


  • (in the bath) "I moving the water. I living on the boat."


  • (to Papa) " You shave the beard?" "You get the haircut?"


  • (when asked if he wants a haircut) "Yep. I grow bigger. My hair orange."


  • lots and lots of "I love you" "I need bao bao"


  • (on being turned down for booby) "I will have booby? I no will have booby - just bao bao." (sometimes he can be overheard muttering this to himself, I guess to help the idea really sink in)


  • (on trying to persuade us to take him the McD's) "I will go e-i-o. Have bathroom. Change my diaper. Eat ice cream."



He is growing so much and working so hard. Right now he is super into superman. He insists on wearing his cape and boots on any outing. Sometimes people in the neighborhood call him Superman - in English and Chinese. Usually Ivo likes this but sometimes, while in full get-up, he's being someone else (Gingerbread Man, lately...strange) and gets angry when people call him superman.




Recently Ivo's discovered how to spit. He's long imitated spitting in the post-tooth-brushing way - but nothing has ever come out. Now he's doing all sorts of lip contortions, producing lots of spit. It's cute but unpleasant. He is having an almost impossible time remembering not to spit at all of us, including Burl. Also Ivo's been a little more brazen and experimental in his attacks on Burl. We're keeping our cool about it (mostly). I don't wanna enumerate the ways right now - let's just say all limbs, heads and hand-held objects are at play.

No comments: