Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 29, 2007

Hao Xiang Baba/Mama

Until 8 months ago, most people who were given to comparisons said Ivo looked like Ryan. We thought so too, mostly, but maybe Ivo's eyes were like mine.


All that changed when people saw Burl. And, mostly, we took the winds of change with a grain of salt. It is Burl who looks exactly like Ryan - sooo, according to some Chinese family calculus, Ivo must look like me.


Though nice, it didn't seem 100% sincere. Rather, it felt like some attempt at evening things out. Kinda like the sentiment expressed universally by those who care to comment, that we should have a 3rd baby cuz we should have a girl. Now, I'm no geneticist, but I don't think that's how it works!


Anyway, when I saw this picture of Ivo, for the first time I thought - wha! Ivo looks just like me! At least, like me when I was little.

No comments: