Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Skating and Rescue




















I know this sounds ridiculous – but I’m convinced my camera is calibrated to a subtropical climate – the lens will not open unless I warm the camera up against my belly, and yes, this realization has taken several weeks and it may not be the final word but this is why I have no pics of our first skating trip at Carleton Civic Center.

It was pretty cold in there – I think it was the ice. Ivo wanted to observe, just touching the ice with his hand. Burl got suited up! Helmet, bob skates, and mittens. He slid around clinging desperately to my legs and agreed to staying on the ice so long as he was held. When free-skate period ended, poor Ivo decided he really did want to go skating. We’ll try asap.

I just looked at the extended forecast and am chagrinned to see that by the weekend, the high temp will be 9C. Eek! I’m so glad that we took advantage of today’s 21C temp and beautiful blue autumn skies!

At the park, Ivo - I mean “Bat-Ivo” – announced to strangers who were super-receptive to superheroes, that “When I’m not savin’ the day, I’m Bruce Wayne.” Later one of these folks asked Ivo what he eats to make himself so strong. Ivo replied, “I eat healthy food, makes my muscles so big.” I don’t know where he got this… maybe school?

Ivo also ran around very seriously saying “I’m off to the rescue!”

Afterwards at home, Ivo was reviewing his time at the park, chattering about how Emily “…said ‘rescue’ after I said rescue. We were two kids! I was the boy and she was the girl!”

I’m thinking of changing Burl’s name to SweetBurl.
Burl could feel the static stand up his hair, reaching back and "uh" -ing. Unlike Ivo's standing hair, it was unphotographable due to the short-fineness of it all.

2 comments:

ethanzahler said...

Hey I know what you can try to do to fix your camera!!! It could be that the motor needs some oiling. I looked on a website while trying to fix the first ebay camera i bought and they suggest that you put WD40 on a piece of paper and use the edge to slide in in between the lens or whatever part that is slow to open. Hope it helps!Joanne

honeybees said...

wow!!! What a great idea - thanks for the advice!