Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I know, I know, I know...

It's been a long time. Obviously we've been busy. Everything's great.











Burl turned 20 months old! He is TALKING - he TALKS! A lot. Today I asked him if he wanted some goldfish crackers and he said, "Goldfish." Everything he says, he says in appropriate context - we are in the midst of a wonderful verbal explosion! So fun! - and so happy that Ryan's last day of classes is tomorrow - his workload and travel time will be (hopefully - much) lighter, than the current 24-hour clock he's on, cuz Ryan's gotta be around Burl during the talk-blossom!










Here are things Burl is saying in a super delux Burly BabelOn:
  • "nummy" for yummy after drinking banana smoothie, eating goldfish, and mushroom tapenade...

  • "Wye" for Ryan - also "Baba" & "Daddy" - which is what Ivo sometimes calls Ryan

  • "I," "My," "Mine," "Me..." with great enthusiasm and energy. Tonight Burl was playing with a puzzle while we were cleaning up dishes, Ivo took some of the pieces causes Burl to yell, "Woe-wee, Woe-wee!" then turning tear-streaked toward the kitchen saying "My! My!" - "Woe-wee" and "O-wee" are how Burl pronounces Ivo

  • "Nice" - upon receiving an ice-cream bar during a particularly awesome (and singular) trip the boys and I took to DQ

  • "dat" and "dis"

  • boot, shoe, dark, money (coins), shark, apple, banana, bowl, ball,

  • Burl makes different noises for animals: squeals for pigs, "Nooo!" for moo-cow, "Nie!" for neigh-horse, roars for tigers, lions, dinosaurs, "Weeee!" for whinny-elephant

  • Burl has 2x expressed anegative to me by stating the word and shaking his head; "Ha(t)" while shaking his head to tell me he hadn't a hat on his head and "Ho(t)" to tell me his food wasn't too hot to eat

  • Burl likes to play with the plastic animals, he likes to group the doubles together and calls the smaller of the 2 same animals, "baby"

  • He says "No(se)" for when he wants his nose wiped

  • "Ready" as an affirmative answer

This isn't exactly exhaustive but it's as much as I can cobble together tonight. We are all sooo excited for Halloween! All day, Ivo has been wearing a superhero mask, wrist-cuffs, emblem and cape from the cool Superhero book Berton and Sasha gave him this summer. He's decided that he's (gonna be) "The Super Amazing Honeybee Kid" tomorrow instead of a bat. I've got a lot of Ivo Overheard to write up... tomorrow:)

No comments: