Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Ivo and Burl Speak















Why my name is Ivo?
Because Papa and I love that name
Me too. I love that name too.
I think it a good name for me.
I think it the coolest name.
I like Burly name too.

Ivo made a collage of a turkey at school on Wednesday. He held it proudly and said, “Tour-key. Gobble gobble. Thanksgiving.” I asked Ivo what people like to do on Thanksgiving, thinking his answer would have something to do with the tour-key but instead, he said, “Say thank you and thanks.” To whom? “To somebody – but I don’t know their name.”

Burl has loved cows since he first saw them across the road here. We see and hear them everyday. Ivo and I say “moo,” Burl says his own version of moo which sounds ridiculously close to the Chinese word for cow. This is incredible as he also hails Grammie Gail something that sounds like “amah.” The sound Burl makes for “moo” starts with n- followed by such a long ooo sound it’s almost multisyllabic and I swear I hear a little –iii-ooo in there.

US vp debate afoot. Jeez...

Also, my camera seems to be officially dead.

Pics from 24 Sep - just a little window on the power and the glory of Tim Horton's chocolate covered chocolate donuts...




































Burl couldn't believe his tastebuds!!! He gave the donut a thumbs-up.

No comments: