Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ivo & Burl Sitting in a Tree





  • Well, lots is happening. We are getting ready for winter, rearranging furniture to free up space around the woodstove, clearing out the garage – stuff like that.

    Ivo pretty much refuses to wear jackets, sweaters, sweatshirts, vest, mittens and hats. It was about 6C in the sun today. It was windy. My parenting approach here is to offer him a coat and accept his answer – as much as it kills me. If we’re leaving the house, I put what I’d like Ivo to wear in the car. I tell him that if he gets cold, just let me know and we’ll get him a jacket. About half the time, he asks for his jacket. Today was not one of those times. Neither was yesterday. It’s very strange.

    Last weekend when we went to the pumpkin patch, Ivo didn’t want his jacket-hat-etc, but while walking with Ryan, he kept turning his head away from the wind and said, “I want the wind to stop.” One day this week – which has been pretty and sunny but cold which is a bizarre juxtaposition for Ivo, he said, “I just want it to be warm outside.”

    A little more Ivo Overheard:

  • “Maybe we can sing that song about the breaking bridge…” -meaning London Bridge

  • "When I don’t have a teddybear I CAN’T go to sleep!” – while prevaricating over which toy to take to bed.

  • “I’m the pirate!” No, I’m the pirate. “…I’m the boss of the pirates!”

  • After I had said, “I doubt it.” about something, Ivo asked what “doubt” means. I told him it means “I don’t think so” and he’s been using it like crazy. He tries to rope people – including Burl - into situations where he can tell them “I doubt it.” Very funny.

  • "eleventeen" -when counting
  • "yi, er, san, si, wu, lio, trois" Frang-nese counting
  • When trying to get his jammie pants on, in a whiney whiney voice, “Moooom – my pants is missing a leg... My pants are missing a leg. It can’t work!”

Burl BabelOn

  • Burl has been talking sooo much more. He’s said some stunning things too, mostly – but not all – repetition; hamburger, ready… (Sadly, I can’t find my notes:()

  • Burly has also said, “I-o” which is quite like how Ivo used to say his own name. But more often than not, Burl calls and refers to Ivo as “O-eee” - just the opposite of “I-o.”

  • "on" & "off" for clothes, tops of things, lights...

  • "this"

  • "peas," "noodles"

    Ooh, one more thing, over the past month or so, Ivo has been calling Ryan “Dad.” It was his idea.
    So tired more soon. Pics from 13 Oct 08.





No comments: