Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

How About Ladymans?

Pics from the last week of October

















It's election day in the US - I voted by mail weeks ago - so I'm free all day...
If you have a spare hour watch Naomi Klein talking about the economic crisis or listen here.
This morning Burl will be getting meningitis C and varicella vaccinations.
Ivo and Burl just underwent their very first daylight saving time-standard time shift. We're trying to not adjust their bedtime b/c these guys are a bit night-owlish - so 9:30 converting to 8:30 seems wonderful.

Burl is talking away and can ride Ivo's scooter! He must be teething cuz he's nursing like it's going outta style - which, it is - every hour and sometimes more throughout the night... Not so cute.

Ivo can somersault! Without further ado, a long overdue Ivo Overheard:
  • "Why ladybugs are ladies?" That's a good question. After a moment, "How about this, 'ladymans'? - I mean ladyman bugs?"

  • While Ivo and Burl were looking through a Sears Halloween costume flier, Ivo told Burl, "...Yea, a bear, dat's right. Yea, allbody dead on Halloween...

  • After I told Ivo he's getting cuter and cuter he said, "Why I getting cuter and cuter?" So I told him it's b/c you're looking more and more like Papa. "When I grow bigger like Papa, will Grammie be my mom?"

  • While Ivo was looking for his boots, I told him where they might be, he told me, "NO! I can't find my boots anywhere. I think you're a fool."

  • While playing with Play-dough, Ivo made "medicine cookies" - and said, "I made deese cookies to feel you better."

  • Ivo heard about the Boogieman on an episode of the Simpsons and decided that "The Boogieman is my Super Ivo enemy!"

  • In what may be a healthy genetic distrust of the state, Ivo told me that "I will not let the police beat you and take you to jail. I will keep you with me and our whole family."

I have a long story about Ivo and his pretend rocket boots that I hope to post soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,
Love your blog and being able to keep you with your life. The pic of Ivo raking leaves is just amazing. I miss the fall colors of the east coast. Maybe we can plan a visit next fall?!
Amy (Ma)

honeybees said...

YAY AMYMA!!!

Any and all visits would be awesome:)