Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ivo han jia/on vacation






This is a big week for Ivo. School for him and me is over. Papa has some half days. Dylan has all full (awful) days. Grammie/Gail comes Friday night. We've got a lot of errands to do.

This morning we took the car to be serviced before getting it inspected in Dong Hai. We always spend an hour or 2 (or 3 and once, 4) at the mechanics' neighbors. Admittedly, an unusual system, but there is no getting out of it. And they are really nice.

So after a couple hours there, we went to the park at Gong Yi and Chung Ming Nan. It's got fun swings and a king-sized slide with stairs instead of a ladder. Today there were a few kids playing and Ivo had a great time. I think Ivo and the kid in white look like graffiti artists!

After the park, we walked across the street to the Early Bird Cafe and had lunch with Leah. Then we all went for a walk. Ivo fell asleep. I took the opportunity to go to Sogo and buy a couple nursing bras. I have one which I like and it's the only bra that works right now... So I got 2 more. They are Japanese and they are expensive. Just over 2000nt each - and that's with discount. My experiences buying bras in Taiwan (and Hong Kong) have never been easy nor successful. The materials, styles, designs and sizes are all inappropriate for me. And that was when I was unpregnant/non-nursing. I've tried, though, and have always regretted my purchases, weirdo seams, itchy polyester lace, suffocating padding, straps that are just for show...


The video is from yesterday at Cave's. You can hear Ivo saying "no picture" and at the end, "bye bye picture." That's his style. First he says "no" and if he doesn't get results, he switches to "bye-bye." More oomph!





Also, if you don't normally read the NYTimes Sunday Magazine, you may not have seen this article about food and engineered food products and no matter how healthy a package of food product claims to be, it's not food and you probably just wanna eat food.

No comments: