Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 28, 2007

IvO-my-god

As mentioned, Ivo hates bathes. Sad sad sad. He just had one with Ryan and afterwards a little booby, vitamin E lotion and an offer of warm homemade apple sauce - which he spat out.



At which point I said, I bet you'd like this over i-c-e-c-r-e-a-m. Ivo immediately said, "want ice cream." Ryan and I are in sort of shock - Ivo's not used to having ice cream at home - nevermind anything on or over it. Yikes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yesterday - Saturday 27 Jan 07 - Ryan had to work. He also has to work next Saturday. These Saturday classes are pre-emptive "make-up" days for time off during the upcoming Chinese New Year holiday. To a greater or lesser extent, this kind of schedule shifting is happening island- and all-industry-wide. (Something similar transpired for 10/10 (2006) holiday - wildly unpopular... But the policy is going full-force-forward for 2007).



So Ivo and I went to Chung Hua for Kathryn's 6th bday party. Karin came with. We stopped at toys r us on the way... Very fun day. I didn't take any pics at party. Here are a couple pre- and post-party pics. Notice Ivo's jammies... They are from Grammie and Grampie and perfect because the toes aren't closed in. Whenever, his pants slip over his toes, Ivo says, "Where toes go?"



















Rayne said I don't look pregnant from the back or front - just the side. My feeling is, if I don't look pregnant from the back, how can I be at peace with my gigantic butt?


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last night, after the party, Ryan went out with some ChungHua guys and Ivo and I stayed home... Ivo said, "Mama, super-girl." Several times... Hilarious and sweet:)



Once we'd gotten up to bed, Ivo started roaring at me. He pointed to his chest saying, "Super-Dash, de dinosaur." When I roared back at him, he made a sad face and plopped face first down on the bed. This happened a few times. I then decided to act scared when he roared. He loved it! He giggled like crazy and then told me "ok, k, k" patting my cheek. He can say "scared" and "pa." He also says, "I scared ____." He also says, "go shopping," "go up the bed," "want lemon tea up the bed..." "susu drive the car." Also, "Elmo" "Cookie Monster!!!!" Just tonight, when Gail and Doug called, Ivo said "Hi Grammie!" Right now, he's saying "Sandy, Mama" over and over. Sandy sounds like, "Sanny" and he's never said "Sandy Mama" only a couple times has he said "Sandy" at all.


Ivo's awesome!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This morning, Ivo, Ryan and I went grocery shopping and then to lunch at Fingas. Pics...





+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Noteworthy but Late... A couple months ago, someone used their phone to video a guy getting pulled out of his car and beaten with bats while police sat on the corner watching. Word is Mayor Hu was livid. I can't find any english reports or video... If anyone knows anything, please tell me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sandy,
here's a link to the story in English.
love,
nic


http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2007/01/09/2003343985

honeybees said...

Yay! Thank you!