Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 26, 2007

chair booby and the autocrat






We are just home after spending the morning at Heather and Dylan's. Heather thinks the baby has dropped/lightened... Maybe, I can't tell. Is it only through the power of suggestion that I can breathe easier? Do I feel the need to pee more urgently than the urgent need I felt last week? Hard to say. Is the baby likely to come when Dr Fu is gone? I don't see why not!


Anyway, Ivo has taken to not really needing naps. A ten minute shut-eye in the car has been all he's needed several days this week. Today seems likely to go that way. He refused to go upstairs to watch tv and have a lay down, insisting instead on what he calls, "chair booby." He seems to be pooping right now as he plays with his excavator and dinosaur... I have some final school stuff to do before class and really would like him to nap... 'Are you poopy?" "yap!" with a head-nod. He's taken to humming and singing whenever he's at independent play... very cute.


These pics are from today. Ivo loves Heather and doesn't mind sharing her with Dylan. Dylan graciously puts up with this situation. They were all 3 sitting together eating ro song dan bing. I got a few snaps but between Ivo's "No picture" command and squirming combined with the vicissitudes of youth, only one pic came out with all 3 ok... I cropped and doctored one each of Heather and Ivo...
Have I mentioned that when Ivo is upset he plops face down onto the floor? Often silently. Sometimes fractured by a stop at his knees... It's charming.
Ivo sees the pic of Heather and is saying "Heather Mama."

No comments: