Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Not in Labor... I don't know

I didn't post yesterday - I was pretty busy, not giving birth, but you should taste the pineapple upside down cake I made! Yum! I'm the only one who's eaten any of it - but that's gotta be a little bit of "you snooze, you lose..." Since I ate it at 5am or so... Who remembers? I was up from 2am-7am - I had thought maybe possibly I was in the early earlies of pre-labor... I was quite nauseated - having nothing to do with heartburn... There was the cramping and tonnes of BH contractions... I know I should have slept but couldn't and now Ryan and Gail are out with Ivo and I'm gonna go back to sleep! Lucky me! Also, I don't care - At 25 months pregnant, I AM in the early earlies of pre-labor - no matter what!






++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yesterday, we all went shopping at RT Mart. I remarked to Burl that it was probably the last time we'd be there til after he's born. I bought pineapple slices in cans (yes, plural... yes yes yes). But later I realized I needed baking powder and brown sugar, so Ivo and I walked to the nearby grocery... The cake didn't get baking until dinnertime - when Kayababa and Kaia showed up. I don't know what kinda place Kayababa thinks we're running here - but he was wearing pajamas...

Anyway, it was super fun and Ivo was thrilled to see both of them.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Pics are of the awesome fort Grammie and Ivo built - he has phones, a bed, a bamboo chair, some dinosaurs and a makeshift tea set in there. If you stop by, he might invite you in!

Pics also of the excellent remote control car (Ivo can say) Ivo picked up at RT Mart. Ivo has been wanting one just like it for over a year - I'm serious - he's seen kids using them at the park and wanted one since around the time he could walk (11 months).
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Other new and awesome Ivo things...

  • he says and does a head turn like an owl
  • he imitates robots walking, sea turtle swimming on his belly - limbs up, and monsters
  • He says "Grampie"and "Doug" which may or may not be the same pronunciation as "duck"
  • He sees pictures of Grammie and Aunt Joanne and says "Grammie de jie jie"
  • Yesterday he saw an errant scrabble piece on the table (the very same scrabble piece that has cost Gail her last 2 games, by the way...) and said "Oh, N. Baby one" Now - that's amazing! Baby means small.
  • He loves snails, lightning bugs, jumping spiders, stink beetles and butterflies. He can identify and say wings. We are working on antennae.
  • He knows that if something has wings, it can fly and if it doesn't, it cannot.
  • This week, he's started to say "can" vis "cannot." He asks jokey questions which he answers himself; "Can ant fly? - Nooo, ant cannot fly." Can Dash fly? - Nooo, Dash cannot fly." Formerly, he would have said "No, Dash no fly"or said "Dash fly"while shaking his head no, to mean cannot. We're sooo proud!
  • Ivo woke up yesterday and said "Want watch Baby Einstein." He's never said that before. Usually he'll say "want watch rhino" or dolphin or whatever animal he's craving from his favorite shows. He still loves Toy Story 1-2, which he variously calls "Cow, Moon" "Cowboy" "Moon Man" "Astronaut"

No comments: