Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 17, 2007

T -4 days, 1st day of the Red Pig Year





Bad time for Blogger to have a glitch... It may be me... I still can't sign in on internet explorer - but am in on mozilla... the keyboard is acting funny too..

I spent about an hour and then a couple subsequent attempts on my last post - all in vain... Tried again the next day... So I'm gonna keep this short.

We are still pregnant and everything is basically ok- just less than perfect. As of the doctor visit on Thursday 15 Feb, Burl weighs b/w 3200-3400, is engaged at station -2 (not sure of the proper prepositions...) and is in an occiput posterior position. My cervix is effacing but not dilating. Since Burl's head is between my pelvic bones facing my front instead of my back, the doctor assures me that this labor will be "long and painful." In case he was just sweet talking me, I've been looking online, and "long and painful" seems to be the consensus. Also "unbearable" "excruciating" and "intolerable."

During the office visit, Ryan had to lie down on the exam table to avoid fainting, had his bp taken and hot cereal brought to him. I was crying a little bit. We were a big mess. Initially the dr said there's no way for baby to turn until labor contractions start because his head is engaged... But after seeing what a mess we were, he half-heartedly suggested some squats and stair climbing. Also he gave me pitocin tablets to take home and use if and when I want to induce labor!

I was cranky, uncomfortable and feeling sorry for myself (heavy, heartburn, peeing, coughing, sleepy, headache) but this visit has helped me put that into perspective; it's gonna get much worse before it gets better! I'm seriously considering an epidural. I feel like Burl's gonna have a hard time and I can't stand it... forceps and suction and possible surgery. But I'm trying to relax and prepare and be calm... I almost know everything is gonna be alright.

I've broken out and into the magazines that Ryan bought me last week. I had packed them in my hospital bag to entertain myself after Burl's birth but I need them more now.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We have been lucky to have Adriaan and his family and Dylan and his fam over on Thurs and Fri respectively. When Ivo saw Adriaan jumping in his red and blue suit, he said "That Super-Boy!"

Also, it's about 28C outside - sunny, hazy and gross. But the quietest day, New Years Day; no garbage collection, no deliveries of any kind... it's nice.

Ryan and Gail are in a tight scrabble tourney (Ryan's up 2 games but only by a a dozen points). We are playing trivial pursuit and scattegories too...

As par for the course, I can't make the pics move around - so I will just say, yes we still have the xmas tree up...

4 comments:

Leonie said...

don't sweat it yet - I've heard plenty of stories of babies turning.
you just have to have faith in yourself and your bubba. also, acupuncture if you know someone and squats can't hurt. Cuy had suction and it was fine - he delivered so fast, his head at was at a bit of a weird angle. the suction only lasted for one push and then he was there. So don't lose hope yet and don't forget, you can take panadol, something my midwife told me and which also worked well.

We're thinking of you and baby - lots of love
xxxxxx

Leonie said...

ok actually yes squatting can be a prob - try kneeling on all fours instead! good luck sandy - it'll all be fine.

honeybees said...

Thank you thank you - good news and info:)

Leonie said...

excellent excellent..it's all gonna be good