Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 12, 2007

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 - cheating the babies























Whaaa!

2 kids are much more demanding than 1. Musical diaper changes, booby, sleeping...

All the slowing down I accepted/realized/recognized when I was pregnant with Ivo has gone into hypOdrive. Stuff like making it across the street on a green light. Once I hit 7 months preg, I had to let the light go and wait thru the red for the next green. Instead of leaving at the last minute to get to work, I had to leave extra extra early... After Ivo was born, earlier still.

Today, it took 3 hours to get out of the house.

It makes sense in a relative way, cuz it now takes 2 hours to get Ivo to go to sleep. And he's not cheerful or grateful about it...

That should make it about 4 months til I'm bald. But on the plus side, I'll probably have lost the baby weight by then...

I knew what was coming - but not exactly. I knew what having a baby entails - but I didn't/don't know what having a 2 year old is like. Nevermind a 2 year old who hits me, scowls and says, "Dash angry!"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I knew having another baby would upset Ivo. I'm so confused and tired, I can't keep straight what were his problems before the baby and what are new "challenges." He's only 2 and 2 months. He's such an amazing wonderful kid. I feel like he needs more and more and I'm offering less and less. I know kids get siblings everyday and people have more than 1 kid all over with much less help than we have (thank you thank you thank you Gail! Currently, I neither clean nor cook)... Maybe 2 years isn't long enough... I'm thrilled and in love with Burl - I feel awful - like I'm short-shrifting him as well as Ivo.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Back to good news: Burl's umbilical cord fell off today and he has a perfect little belly button!
Also good, Isabel and Adriaan were over yesterday. Adriaan says Ivo perfectly - Ivo says Adriaan in a very cute way. They played super well together. Adriaan was born 9 Jan 05 - he's just a little younger than Ivo. Adriaan speaks Afrikaans and Chinese - no English!

No comments: