Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 19, 2007

Postpartum Trips to the ER: 1





Saturday was a busy day. Out to Dylan's in the morning. RT Mart in the afternoon. Nap and then the ER in the evening.

Everything is fine - but it was scary. I thought it possible I might die. I always think (or did think) I'm a wuss as far as pain-threshold - but perhaps my tolerance is higher than I gave myself credit. Now when I think I feel like crap - I'm gonna assume I'm right. I'm not gonna say, Oh, it's probably just gas... Like I did when I was in labor with Burl and on Saturday, when I was cramping without break and needed a D&C.

But everything is great. Ivo was sleeping the whole time Ryan and I were at the hospital (cuz he hadn't napped). My dr was the dr on call - which was excellent. There's no waiting. We are so lucky it's me rushing to the hospital instead of Burl or Ivo. We are so lucky Gail is here. We knew Burl was in the best possible hands. He had to drink some formula... But that's certainly the least of evils...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So this week, ending on St Patrick's Day, has been the least pleasant post-partum week so far for me/us. The 2 day fever/mastitis of Tues-Wed and then this Saturday-hangover-to-Sunday...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Pics from Saturday.

2 comments:

lone-star-jill said...

Sandy, are you allright?

honeybees said...

yes yes yes!
just unexpected and scary. I'm fine now - xie xie:)