Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 23, 2007

You don't have to go home BUT...















You can't stay here... Just as a bartender says to a drunk at closing time, so do I say to Ivo at nap time. "You don't have to sleep, but..."

  • you can't keep jumping on Mama
  • you can't use Burl as a step stool
  • this is quiet time
As many a genius before him, Ivo doesn't need much sleep. Napping a couple days per week is enough. He is learning and using new words every day. He loves singing Row Row Row yr Boat and 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. He is counting and identifying letters. Sadly, I'm too tired to enumerate all the wonders of Ivo... I'll do better soon.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yesterday was my half birthday. Ivo bought me a notebook (and one fr Papa), oreos, lemon juice and a beautiful chocolate cake. He was super excited. So sweet. We saved the cake for after dinner - and he sang "happy birthday" to me!

Gail, Ivo, Burl and I went to Tea Street yesterday, shopped, window shopped and had a snack. Earlier in the day, Gail bought us a new stroller! I'd forgotten how smoothly a stroller can ride and how great it is when you can close the stroller with one hand.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Burl is doing great - growing lots. Poor guy has some acne and 3 big mosquito bites. He's also been having a little more discomfort pooping today - which happens every 20 minutes...

No comments: