Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A little bit a Ivo







Ivo Overheard - This morning:



  • (on being nice & calmly told - for the 5th time in as many minutes - not to hit Burl on the head) "I want to, dumbass!"*

  • "I no like peoples. I just only like kids."**

  • (while walking past the friendly family who sits on the street drinking tea and cleaning fish on our way to the park, Ivo refused to say hi but instead did a little dance) "I funny. I do dis, make da people laugh."

  • (at the park at the top of the slide) "Watch out! Here come Ivooooo!"

* Over the last month Ivo has started to say "I want to..." and "I don't want to..." in response to directions with which he takes issue. I'm not even gonna try to explain the dumbass, I only will say that both Ryan and I suppressed all laughter and didn't comment on it, focusing instead on the hurting/hitting/squishing Burl's head compunction.

** I am no longer secretly worried that Ivo will thpowt awl my thpeech impedimenth Yay! Through the early grades, I was intelligible only to my mother and sibs. Even the thpeech thewapith couldn't undowthand me. Ivo can say a nice crisp "s." He's working through the final "-s" sound by adding a t. So when he says "peoples" it sounds like people-ts.

No comments: