Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blarney, Ivo & Burl Style












Ivo Overheard:

· “I have superpowers…”
· “I will save the day!”
· “Oh! You saved the day!”
· “I hate my enemies”
· “I will kick my enemies in da face!”
· “When I was a little baby, I …”
usually something erroneous and/or fantastic, ie, “...I go to Grammie Gail’s house, I don’t sit in my chair. But now I stay seated.” Yes, he said “stay seated.” He is absorbing and incorporating everything he hears…
· “I’m starvin’ like a marvin” and “I’m a starvin’ marvin.” Ivo heard Ryan say this 2 nights ago - one time only - yet he blurted it out yesterday before lunch.
· Ivo’s absorbing and adopting some local lingo like “switch out/up” for trade; "I wanna switch out my train for Burly's train." This morning he said “I was waiting for the toast to pop!”
· “I was thinking, my brain was thinking…”
· “peas on the cob”
– for peas in a shell
· “I only like my Teacher Lao Shr” We're gonna have to write a letter to Ida Loa Shr



Burl Babylon:
· Burl makes a kissy sound and has his farm animals, regardless of species (a chicken and a pig, for example) kissing, “mmmwah!”
· Burl refers to food and eating as “um num”
· I think Burl is calling Grammie “Amah!” Whatever he’s saying, it’s the same 2 syllables, the 2nd being “-ah” – the first mushier, and I’m not hearing an initial consonant…
· Speaking of eating, due to his summer-found fondness for corn-on-thecob, Burl now approaches anything longish as though it were on-the-cob; hotdogs and other stuff I can’t think of…
· Burl understands everything!!! Today at the park, a girl told him to move his hand (cuz she was coming down the slide) and he did! Burl also swang on a super-low slung-rubber big-kid swing,all by himself today. Burl also swang on a tire swing with Ivo and a couple other kids – his balance was just as good as any of the 3 and 4 year olds!
· Today Burl told me that something was not hot by shaking his head while saying “ho(t)!” This is the first time he’s been able to say something is not something else and it just like what Ivo used to do:)

SO, ps, when Ivo was Burl’s age he got deported from Taiwan!


All pics today from 5 Sep '08, Ivo's first day of school - at school and afterwards at home and in the garden:)


You can take the boy out of Taiwan but you can't take the Taiwan out of the boy!
Videos from the grass sledding on Monday 15 Sep...
Ivo and Burl - Man Down!!!
It may be looking like Burl got shafted this post - but it's just cuz the camera is so iffy and unreliable. Burl does and is awesome things all the time!!!

1 comment:

Heath said...

Boys looking so cute! Looks likes it cooling off there..ac still fired up here..I'm sure u don't miss the heat!