Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's Not Even Fall Quite Yet!!!

Tonight we expect frost. FROST!!!

After dinner, Gail, Ivo, Burl and I dashed over to Uncle Wayne’s to pick pumpkins and squash. Everyone’s out picking the last of their garden goodies and crops. Impossible to wait til tomorrow, cuz FROST is coming and it’s not quite even Fall yet. Good grief!

Ivo and Burl loved the pumpkin patch as any kid would. Cold today, Burl’s little hands get sooo cold while the rest of him remains warm enough. Burl likes having his mittens on. Mittens – it’s not even quite Fall yet!

I hung 2 loads of laundry (one all hand washed cuz it’s the last of the Taiwan shipment and it’s the confusing stuff; dark/bright colored Thailand materials, silk, linens… The dozens of Hawaiian-style shirts Ryan got from a co-worker for himself and the boys. Dozens. It was around 10C, sunny and super windy – it looked much much warmer than it was. I’mpretty sure I got frostbite hanging up those wet clothes. My fingers ached, then when warming, they felt all burny. So, I may be looking at amputation – this may slow down my knitting, guitar-playing, blogging, novelling, and job search.

Tomorrow, I will drop off my first resume. More on that if anything good happens, if not, eh, I’ll probably never mention it again.

Ivo Overheard:
· Agreeing with me that he could run downstairs by himself to look for his train while poor little Burly had to stay upstairs with me, “…because I’m a grown-up. I can do stuff I wanna do.” Best definition of grown-up ever!
· Anticipating the Chickmunks “There they are – on the coconut tree!” Pine tree. “Oh – dat right. I was mixed-up of the trees!” laughingly:)
· In response to my telling him he’s the cutest thing in the world, Ivo hugged me and said, “You’re the… …BIGGEST thing in the world!”
· While looking at pictures of the seaside, I said it looks like Sandy Beach, Ivo said, “Yea, a little bit but not quite because it have sand mountains. Sandy Beach don’t have dat.” (Sand mountains are how Ivo described dunes!)

.“When it dark, I go to bed, I dream about Iron Man. You dream ‘bout Papa. Papa dream ‘bout you. And kissing. And Burly dream ‘bout Vitamin C.” It all sounded sooo good, but Burl seemed in for a rather dull affair and maybe he’d dream about Elmo. Ivo agreed saying, “Maybe, yea. I was wrong ‘bout Burly’s dream.”


Pics from 08 Sep 08... Ivo calls himself SuperIvo and would like everyone else to do the same. Burl can be SuperBurl, but also, Ivo's alright with just "Burly."

No comments: