Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 28, 2008

Update: Ivo and Burl Celebrated My Half-bday Last Saturday











Saturday 22 March was my half birthday. It was also the day Ryan had to draft players for his fantasy baseball team. I've said it before and I'll say it again, fantasy sports require a massive commitment of real-time attention. So, Ivo, Burl and I spent the morning playing at the Science Museum and its environs. Both Burl and Ivo got a dinosaur, we read books at Caves and saw some kind of magic show at the McD's in the museum. While the performers were getting ready, they were blasting kids music in English and Chinese. During one Chinese song, Ivo said, "I like this song, they have this song at my school!"








Links (links should be good) to videos of this year and last year's half-birthday fun.


Burl and Ivo Walk on Water: Ivo and Burl playing nicely (almost) together!


Burl and Ivo Eat Half-Birthday Cake: In this video, Ivo had just been singing all 3 happy birthday songs he knows, and I was hoping to inspire him to break out in song by prompting him with his least favorite. I thought he might tell me, as he often does, "No! Don't sing dat song" and then sing the one he wants to hear. But, no dice...



Ivo LOVES everything about birthdays but the cake and candle ceremony is joy! Throughout the lighting, singing, blowing - Ivo's already clutching the disposable spears used as cake forks in Taiwan. Also, I'm not 28 (anymore)... I'm 38-1/2. I think it's important to represent but I also think my age is mine to disclose or not. I don't expect people will be asking me my age as much when we move to Canada as they do here, but I am only gonna get older, so the question may make me squirm just a bit more. When people from whom I want to retain my privacy ask me I tell them, "I'm 25 - the same as my waist." 'Course that's in inches... But, it must be acknowledged, people usually have no idea what I'm talking about anyway. I'm not prepared to say this is just a language thing either:)


No comments: